JVC GY-HM180E – Compact 4K camcorder with 3G-SDI
HD-SDI (3G) and HDMI output
The camcorder comes with a wide variety of connectors to meet the needs of professional applications, including HD-SDI (3G) and HDMI. Secured digital connection is assured between external devices such as a recorder or switcher. Simultaneous output from both SDI and HDMI is also possible.
1/2.3-inch 12.4M CMOS sensor
This camcorder was built to deliver stunning, life-like 4K Ultra HD (3840×2160) video. JVC’s 4K CMOS sensor with 12.4M pixels delivers high sensitivity and excellent performance over a wide range of lighting conditions. Details are crisp and accurate throughout the entire image plane.
12x optical zoom and seamless 24x dynamic zoom
The ultra high quality imagery begins with a precision 12x F1.2–3.5 optical zoom lens (35mm equivalent: 29.6–355mm). When shooting in HD mode, Dynamic Zoom combines optical zoom and pixel mapping from a 4K image sensor to create seamless and lossless 24x zoom. This allows the camera to have a long zoom range while retaining its compact form factor.
Full HD 4:2:2 recording at 50Mbps
The ability to record H.264 4:2:2 24-60p at 50Mbps makes this an ideal camera for broadcasting and production houses alike. The colour accuracy of 4:2:2 enables the camera to deliver exceptional colour resolution even when images are in sharp contrast to the background. This is particularly useful when strong colours are in contrast to bright backgrounds, or in green screen usage.
120fps high-speed recording for slow motion playback
The camcorder allows high-speed recording at up to 120fps (59.94Hz) / 100fps (50Hz) for smooth slow motion playback. This can be used to create artistic effects or to review action replays when examining sporting skills. The feature is only available at 1920×1080 resolution only, and offers up to 1/5 slow at 24p mode.
Detachable handle unit with professional XLR audio
The detachable heavy-duty handle makes the camcorder easy to carry and also makes it simple to shoot from low angles, thanks to its built-in REC button with lock function, and zoom lever. XLR audio inputs are provided for the attachment of a professional microphone or for LINE input, complete with Phantom power supply capability.
- 4K Ultra HD recording (150 Mbps, 24/30p) to SDXC (UHS-I Speed class3) card
- Single 1/2.3-inch CMOS image sensor with 12.4 million pixels (9.03 active)
- 3G HDSDI and HDMI output
- High quality integrated 12x F1.2-3.5 zoom lens (35mm equivalent: 29.5-354mm)
- 4:2:2 full HD recording at 50Mbps (24-60p)
- Live 4K UHD output via HDMI connector
- Dual SDHC/SDXC slots enable dual, backup and continuous recording
- 120fps HD slow motion recording
- Dynamic zoom in HD mode combines optical zoom and pixel mapping to create seamless and lossless 24x zoom
- 2 position ND filter (1/4, 1/16)
- Wired remote control supported
- 0.24-inch colour viewfinder (1.56M pixel) with smart focus assist function
- 3.5-inch colour LCD display (920K pixel) with smart focus assist function
- 9 user button assignable functions
- External microphone not included
- Built-in stereo microphone
- Full HD recording with excellent video quality.
- XLR audio inputs for professional audio connectivity.
- Dual SDHC/SDXC card slots for extended recording.
- Compact and lightweight design for portability.
- HDMI and 3G-SDI outputs for versatile connectivity.
- Limited to Full HD resolution, not 4K.