Canon ESO M200 15-45mm (Black) Camera
Especially sleek and impressively versatile, the black Canon EOS M200 blends a wide range of shooting capabilities with an everyday form factor. Sporting a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor, the M200 enables high-resolution stills shooting along with a 6.1 fps continuous shooting rate and wide ISO 100-25600 sensitivity range to suit working in a variety of conditions. UHD 4K video recording is also supported, as well as in-camera 4K time-lapse movie production for a creative melding of stills and video. The sensor’s design also facilitates Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which uses phase-detection autofocus for quick, accurate, and smooth performance to suit both stills and video use.
Complementing the imaging assets, the M200’s slim design incorporates a 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD for intuitive shooting control. The screen has a 180° tilting design, too, to benefit selfie shooting as well as working from high and low angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. Eye Detection AF can also be used for portraiture and helps to prioritize focus on a subject’s eye for ensured sharpness.
When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system’s ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Large 3.0″ touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a 180° up, 45° down tilting design to better enable making self-portraits and to work from high and low angles.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick, automatic image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Built-in pop-up flash provides additional illumination for working in low-light conditions.
- Included LP-E12 battery provides approximately 315 shots per charge with normal settings or 485 shots per charge with Eco Mode on.